From Mexico

This is the place where users can gather to chat about anything, spiritual or non-spiritual in nature. If you have a question or comment that doesn't fit into any other forum or just want to chat, do it here.

Moderator: ADMIN2016

anguille

Re: From Mexico

Postby anguille » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:27 am

Ray Bradbury is one of my favourites, and his short stories are so good. But he belong to the old wave. If you know someone of the new wave, please give me his or her name. I wish to read something of the recent science fiction.

Mungojerrie

Postby Mungojerrie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:02 pm

I used to read a lot of science fiction, but that was a long time ago and I can't help you with new authors. But there are lots of new SF books being written.

I can recommend one book that you may not know: "Stand on Zanzibar" by John Brunner.

There was an extract from the third book of the trilogy by C S Lewis "Out of the Silent Planet" in a Study Society paper last year.

anguille

Postby anguille » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 am

Hi¡ Mungojerrie

Why did you leave to read science fiction? I left reading it because is difficult to find translations to Spanish. Thank you for your recommendation. I will try to find it.

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

anguille wrote:Hi Mungojerrie
Why did you leave to read science fiction? I left reading it because is difficult to find translations to Spanish. Thank you for your recommendation. I will try to find it.

I was too busy working and like you I didn't know which new authors were good.

anguille

Postby anguille » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:25 am

Thank you for your recommendation. I found the books in Spanish.

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello Mexico and Happy New Year. Reading your posts with Rumpelteaser with interest and delighted that you like Baroque music. This is my favourite too, particularly church music, Palestrina, Byrd, Gibbons, Handel,Bach. ( Eg Mass in B minor). I do a lot of singing in our Cathedrals which is a great treat, we have a choir that sings the Services when the resident choir is away. Next visit is at Winchester Cathedral in February. I also like earlier church music,eg Dufay and Machaut. With love Wendy x

Rumpelteazer
Group: Cheltenham

Postby Rumpelteazer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Wendy
Great to see you posting on the forum again. I hope it will encourage Anguille to get in touch again. I am learning a Bach Partita and Haydn sonata - one of his later ones and full of fun.

There was a lovely article from Mexico in the latest edition of Contact.

Return to “The café”