FONT SIZE

All visitors, and members new to the forum, please read these instructions. If you want to ask about the Society, or have any problems using the forum, you can ask a question here.

Moderator: ADMIN2016

meadmaker

FONT SIZE

Postby meadmaker » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:16 pm

This question is being raised partly to test the system and partly because it may be relevant to users that are not that familiar with computers. When first logging in to the website I found the font size of notices far too small. This can be changed by using the zoom function that is on the Page menu of Windows Internet Explorer, but that is not altogether obvious to users that are not familiar with Internet Explorer.
I notice that in relation to postings, such as this one, it is possible to change it via the menu attached to the "Normal" button , but again this is not intuitively obvious.
Maybe the topic deserves to be included in the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's?)

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: FONT SIZE

Postby Administrator » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:19 pm

I've moved this topic to the "How to use it" forum, which is the place for questions about the forum. The "Questions and experiences" forum is for questions about the Society and its activities.

There are several ways to change the size of what you see.

If you just want to change the font size, there is an easy way to do it built in to the forum system. Look at the top right of the window and you will see a faint looking A. Click where the arrow in the picture points. It will make the font bigger. Click again and it makes it bigger still. Click a third time and it becomes smaller again.
Change font size.jpg
Change font size.jpg (24.96 KiB) Viewed 5920 times

An alternative and different method is to use the zoom feature in your browser. This makes everything larger, not just the fonts. The disadvantage is that the quality of what you see may decrease. In Internet Explorer 7 or later, or in Firefox, there is a quick way to zoom using the keyboard:
  • Hold down the Ctrl key and press the + (plus) key to zoom in (enlarge).
  • Hold down the Ctrl key and press the - (minus) key to zoom out (shrink).
Alternatively the zoom feature it is available through the menus.

This information will be added to one of the beginners' guides, which you will find in the "How to use it" forum.

meadmaker

Re: FONT SIZE

Postby meadmaker » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Fine! I missed the "faint A"! :)

Return to “The Study Society Forum. Introduction and how to use it.”